Monday, September 26, 2011

"Do you remember what you asked for?"



And to be honest, I didn't remember until I opened the wrapping, and as such was a bit nervous.  If memory serves, I said that I'd rather receive a toy robot as a gift than an expensive pen - which is quite correct and still holds true.

Much thanks to the staff at the BCMEA, and specifically to Suki, our company's Employee Engagement Manager, for my 50th birthday gift, which I gather involved a substantial amount of effort to obtain.  And thank god I live alone, that noise is a LOT louder in person.
- Sid

P.S. And a final thank-you to David for his evocative comment:  "Hey look, laser tits!"

2 comments:

  1. So your coworkers conspired to get you a birthday gift, one you actually like, and/or is useful? Very cool. Nice to work at a place where people even remember your birthday, let alone make an effort to acknowledge it. BCMEA does have its perks....including their fine seasonal party. And this is written by someone who was in a shameful stupor and did not in fact manage to wish you a happy birthday on September 26th... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The company took me out to lunch, too...

    (Ahem.)

    - Sid

    ReplyDelete